Books galore/ mee pok mania!
Just came back from work. The whole team scanned around 4 to 5 thousand books today! A great achievement. That is alot of books! ha ha. Before lunch, the day moved by really slow. Everyone was rather doozy since Sis wasn't there today. If she were, i'd be like a market down there! I, as usual, would be suffering from a constant bout of flu. It's due to the cold and the dust from the boxes. I'd be sneezing my ass off and my nose would be running like a tap. But hey, its a small price to pay to earn some money. I scanned 'new' books with the other firdaus at a slow pace as i couldn't keep my hands still. I was really looking forward to lunch. Thats where my 'remedy' for the cold resides.
Lunch. Ahh. One word is all i need to keep me going in the morning. Even before half the day is over, we'd all be discussing where to eat lunch. Each day would be a new experience. Somewhat. I was looking forward to lunch today as i wanted to blast the flu right out of my system. What better way to do that than with a bowl of mee-pok with EXTRA, EXTRA chilli. ha ha ha.. That's what i call "pain for pleasure". My nose would sure be flowing like a tap after that. I've been eating chinese for years, but i've only tried vegetarian. Sad but true. It's hard to find a halal eatery in singapore. Now I've found one in bugis! Damn, the food's good. I was like asking alot of question the first day i ate there. I've had Lor mee, mee-pok and one other mee which name i cannot remember. What i can tell u is, the food there is THE BOMB! ha ha. Don't mind my language. My favourite is the mee-pok. Strange name but what the hell! As long as it's halal and tastes good, i couldn't care less. Maybe one day, i'd bring my closest friends to eat there. The price is reasonable even at $3 per bowl. Can't get any decent meal for less than that. That's how expensive eating out as a working professional is. :D
Yesterday's meal that i had at Islamic restaurant was dreadful. Not only was the portion little, the price was exorbitant. $6.60 for nuts! That is daylight robbery! They robbed me of an hour's pay! The food was mediocre too. No wonder there was no one around. I should have known better. But nevermind, i will take this as a lesson. A very expensive meal-cum-lesson. Never again would i eat there in my life.
Back to just now. After having my lunch, the guys wanted to be somewhat adventurous and try out espresso at starbucks. If i'm not wrong, its the drink where they use the shot glass. We shared money and bought 2 shots. The first sip i had was terrible, the second one was even worse! How could anyone in their right mind enjoy such a drink. It was bitter and had a strong aftertaste. I could have sworn, without the cup of water i had asked for, i would have licked the table to get rid of the aftertaste. My face cringed with every sip. Damn it was horrible but i wasn't about to waste my dollar! I took it down like a man. ha ha. A-16-year-old-who-looks-like-a-19-year-old man, to be precise! Sadly, my stomach went on overdrive after that.
Back to work after that, everyone was doing work double-fast. Must be due to the caffeine blast but it wore off soon after. This afternoon was a rush. We were packing books at top speed. Only stopped for a breather to go have chendol ice-cream from the 7-11 store across the road. My advice to you is, pour the fudge or caramel first into your cup before adding the ice-cream. And you need to have nimble hands to get your dollar's worth out of the mr. Softee machine. To pile ice-cream sky high into a micro-sized cup is no mean feat. It takes real skills! One wrong move and the ice-cream tower topples, and you'd have much less of what you would be paying for. Or worse, you'd have sticky ice-cream all over your hands. I'm sure the storekeeper must be laughing his ass off in the background whenever this happens. This must be their only form of sick pleasure being cooped up in the store. You sadistic bastards!!*fists waving in the air*...
Packed more books after that before being released from captivity. Accompanied efin to buy food for his family and then headed home. Did some thinking on the long ride home. Overall, the vibes for the day was good. That's all i have for today. Chaoz fer now... :D